WIN $500 from HISTORY®! The #Sacrifice4Freedom Twitter Contest sponsored by HISTORY® starts in 19 days on May 26, 2014. Students, what do you know about Sacrifice and Freedom? The #Sacrifice4Freedom Twitter Contest will test your understanding of the historical impact individual sacrifices have on freedom today.
To get you ready for the contest we are previewing two of the prompts that you will have to respond to during the week. Here they are:
- World War II taught the world that diplomacy was a key component of warfare. What did the Allies sacrifice? #Sacrifice4Freedom
- The D-Day invasion was made possible by Operation Neptune. Why was the Navy needed in this crisis? #Sacrifice4Freedom
A prompt will be sent out at 8:00AM ET each day by @NationalHistory on Twitter. Students will tweet their responses using #Sacrifice4Freedom, and NHD will select the best tweets each day and post them on this blog. You are now free to Tweet!
- Eligible contest participants must be current 6th-12th grade aged students, and be able to provide proof that they are currently students at that grade level.
- Students are discouraged from creating multiple accounts and should only submit Tweets using one account.
- Students who wish to be eligible for prizes must register their Twitter account HERE before the end of the contest.
- Only tweets developed during May 26th and June 6th, 2014 with the hashtag #Sacrifice4Freedom submitted by students in the described grade and age range will be eligible for the prizes.
- Tuesday, June 10, 2014 – winners announced in advance of the national contest.
- Tweets are subject to the review and selection by National History Day staff.
Register for the contest: http://www.nhd.org/SacrificeContest.htm